Friday, January 11, 2013

My First Operating as SFA


If you guys follow me on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, probably you will know that I just got promoted to become a SFA after 3 and half years flying in AxxAxxx. What is SFA ? SFA is Senior Flight Attendant and you need to lead 3 normal Flight Attendants that under you. Actually I'm not prepared yet to accept this challenge because this is happened too fast! I got my SFA interview on mid of Dec 2012 and got my roster after this and straight away operating as SFA on January which means this month! LOL! T^T

But I choose to accept it cause I know I should move forward and not stay on original position forever. Although its quite hard for me because, I'm only 23 years old(aloooooot crews are older than me), I'm fresh in airline industry(alooooot ex-MAS crew who flying more than 5 years under me), and sometimes these people will step on my head or take advantage from me because I'm younger or too nice to them. Kinda sad right ? :( 

My first operating solo as a SFA was on 3rd of January 2013. It was a tough flight but luckily I got a nice set of pilots and crews :) The first time I conducted my pre-flight briefing, one crew was missing. 3 of us search him around the office for 3, 4 times but he was not around, so I went to our Flight Operation to call him and asked where is he ? He was at the IT Department to settle something... Ok FINE! I conducted my briefing without him and I got pissed at that time because HE NEVER TREAT ME AS HIS SFA! I don't know what his problem ? And I don't even know how he looks like ? FUNNY ?! He reach office earlier but he never informed me anything and just disappear to settle his thing! Then, we board the aircraft without him, I asked Flight Operation to call him and ask him once he settle his thing, just proceed aircraft. 

Because of him, I start my pre-flight briefing late, we board the aircraft late and passengers boarding were late too. Another 10 minutes to our departure time, he did not turn up and I had to informed captain. Luckily last minute Flight Operation managed to pull another crew to my flight. But at the end, we were delayed 1 hour due to 06 passengers didn't show up and had to offload 11 bags :( LOL... So at the end of the flight, I had to write a long report! OF CAUSE I REPORT THAT GUY TOO!! 

My first operating flight was bad but luckily everything solved smoothly, thanks to my pilots and crews :) Until today I've been operating few flights and I already get used to it :) Hopefully I can be a nice and professional SFA. 

That's all the story about my SFA FIRST SOLO

GAMBATEH lemonn! 



1 comment: