Friday, April 26, 2013

A Little Surprise Onboard...

It's not easy when you put on your uniform

Once you put on your uniform as a cabin crew or flight attendant, you are trained to be in different position such as doctor, fireman, policeman or whatsoever... In the sky, nobody will help you if anything happen because you are well-trained on all these... no matter how old are you, 18, 19 or 20~, no matter you are male, female or shemale, You have to handle these things by your own... 

I did encounter some small emergency onboard last time but that time I was just a normal crew.. everytime when things happen, all the normal crew will start to rely on SFA and that's one of me too. But now I couldn't because I'm a SFA right now, all my crews will start rely on me when things happen LOL... So I need to be calm and settle things carefully. So everyday I was praying so hard that every flight go smoothly and nothing happen..

Last 2 weeks, we were flying from Kota Kinabalu to Kuala Lumpur and the flight time was about 2hr30mins. It was a long flight and normally KK flight was the most simple flight because its only domestic flight.. In-flight services always take 30 minutes only and after that we got around 2 hours for rest and chit-chating.. When we were about to start having our lunch, suddenly there's a passenger press the call button and one of my steward went and attend the passenger. The passenger complain about difficulty in breathing and very hot, he is sweating eventhough the temperature in the aircraft was about 22 degree(It's normal temperature and its not hot). We thought he was suffering because his body quite big size and he seated next to the window seat. My steward gave him a cup of warm water and start monitor him quietly. 

Not more than 2 minutes, he press the call button again and he complaining the same thing. This time my steward came and report to me about his condition so I went and attend to him personally. I asked him few questions and he told me that he can't breath, the feeling is like he suffering from underwater. I asked my crews to prepare the oxygen bottle because I can feel that he is suffering due to keep sweating and the way he breath. I move him from window seat to the last row aisle seat so that he can have more space. Luckily we all still remember how to operate the oxygen bottle and I put the oxygen mask over the passenger and asked him to breath normally. He start to feel better and we keep monitor him. 

As a SFA, I have to informed Captain and keep Captain updated, I need to write a long report and I need to take note on how's the pulse rate and the breathing rate of the passenger. Suddenly there's funny thing happened, the oxygen bottle stop working halfway.. there's no oxygen flowing.. LOL.. Then the passenger complain again... LOL... Stupid oxygen bottle. Then we quickly change another bottle for him.. Captain asked me to page for medical personnel or doctor onboard. After we made the announcement, all the passengers start to look at us and curious about what happen.. And there's a passenger came to us and told us that he got basic knowledge about CPR. (LOL... that's very funny, because we also got basic knowledge about CPR). 但是既然他那么想‘扮叻’,就成全他一下 hahahaha 

At the end, the passenger use 02 bottle of oxygen bottle and he used around 45 minutes. We almost called ambulance upon arrival but the passenger insist do not want ambulance. Luckily when the aircraft arrived, the passenger is ok and he is fine. How about as a SFA ? I need to write a report for my own, I need to write a medical report regarding oxygen bottle, I need to report captain so that captain will have the same report as me, and I also need to write a report regarding the stupid oxygen bottle stop working =.= LOL... 

It's just a minor emergency but I would like to share it on my blog.. :) Hopefully you all won't sleep when read this post.. But I am so happy because at the end of the flight, the passenger holding my hand and keep say thank you to me repeatedly and remember my name... :) Get well soon SIR! 



4 comments:

  1. Hahaha very funny and:-)

    ReplyDelete